It’s important that you take your Ready-To-Use Enema every day at the same time from Rugby Laboratories, Inc.
Rugby Laboratories, Inc
READY-TO-USE - sodium phosphate, dibasic and sodium phosphate, monobasic enema
Rugby Laboratories, Inc.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
- relieves occasional constipation
- generally produces bowel movement in 2 to 5 minutes
Professional use: bowel cleansing regimen for:
- preparing patient for surgery
- preparing colon for x-ray endoscopic examination.
For rectal use only
Dosage warning: Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful
Do not use:
- if you are on a low salt diet
- when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present
- for a period longer than 1 week
- in patients with megacolon (as hypernatremic dehydration may occur)
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- kidney disease or impaired renal function
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
When using this product, do not use more than directed.
Serious side effects may occur from excess dosage.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms last more than 2 weeks
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after using this product. This may indicate a serious condition.
- remove enema tip from plastic wrap
- to open, hold enema bottle in upright position at its neck and twist off tab
- screw enema tip securely onto open bottle
- remove green protective shield from tip before using
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings.
|adults & children 12 years and older||one bottle once daily|
|children 2 to under 12 years||½ bottle once daily|
|children under 2 years||do not use|
Left side position: Lie on left side with knee bent and arms at rest.
Knee-chest position: Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface. Position arms comfortably.
- with steady pressure, gently insert enema into rectum with tip pointing toward the navel
- squeeze bottle until recommended dose is expelled (It is not necessary to empty unit completely. Bottle contains more liquid than needed for effective use. A small amount of liquid will remain in bottle after squeezing.)
- remove tip from rectum
- discontinue use if resistance is encountered, forcing the enema can result in injury
- maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 2 to 5 minutes)
- each 118 mL contains: sodium 4.4 g
- bottle, cap and shield are LATEX FREE
- store at room temperature 15° - 30° C (59° - 86° F)
| READY-TO-USE |
sodium phosphate enema
|Labeler - Rugby Laboratories, Inc. (109178264)|