It’s important that you take your Pure And Gentle Laxative Enema every day at the same time from Medline Industries, Inc.
Medline Industries, Inc
PURE AND GENTLE LAXATIVE- sodium phosphate, dibasic and sodium phosphate, monobasic enema
Medline Industries, Inc.
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 118 mL delivered dose)
Dibasic sodium phosphate 7 g
Monobasic sodium phosphate 19 g
For rectal use only
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a sodium-restricted diet
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- kidney disease, heart problems, or are dehydrated
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 2 weeks
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
When using this product
- do not use more than directed. Serious side effects may occur from excess dosage.
- do not use for more than 3 days
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding
- you have no bowel movement after use of a laxative
These may be signs of a serious condition.
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings.
adults & children
12 years and over
one bottle once daily
children 2 to under
1/2 bottle once daily
do not use
Remove green protective shield before inserting. Hold bottle upright, grasping bottle cap with fingers. Grasp protective shield with other hand and pull gently to remove.
Left-side position: lie on left side with knee bent and arms at rest.
Knee-chest position: kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface. Position arms comfortably.
- with steady pressure, gently insert enema with tip pointing toward navel.
- squeeze bottle until recommended dose is expelled (it is not necessary to empty unit completely. Bottle contains more liquid than needed for effective use. A small amount of liquid will remain in bottle after squeezing).
- remove tip from rectum
- stop using if tip is hard to insert. Forcing the tip into the rectum can cause injury (especially if you have hemorrhoids). If enema tip causes rectal bleeding or pain, get immediate medical care.
- maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 1 to 5 minutes)
- if no urge is felt after 5 minutes of using, try to empty bowel. Call a doctor promptly if no liquid comes out of the rectum after 30 minutes because dehydration could occur.
- each 118 mL contains: sodium 4.3 g
- store at room temperature 20-25 deg C (68-77 deg F)
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 1 to 5 minutes
Side and Principal Display Panel - box
Pure & Gentle
- Lubricated Tip
- Easy to Insert
- Latex free
1 - 4.5 Fl OZ (133 ml)
| PURE AND GENTLE LAXATIVE |
sodium phosphate enema
|Labeler - Medline Industries, Inc. (025460908)|